JOB OPENING - BARTENDER - SUMMER 2016
Serve alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages to customers during Big Top Chautauqua events from mid-June through mid-September on the grounds of Mt. Ashwabay. Work schedules may vary, must be open to working Wednesdays through Sundays, early evening to late night.
- Take beverage orders from serving staff or directly from patrons.
- Collect money for drinks served.
- Serve wine, and bottled or draft beer.
- Mix ingredients, such as liquor, soda, water, sugar, and bitters, to prepare cocktails and other drinks.
- Check identification of customers to verify age requirements for purchase of alcohol.
- Clean glasses, utensils, bar equipment, bars, work areas, and tables.
- Attempt to limit problems and liability related to customers' excessive drinking by taking steps such as persuading customers to stop drinking, or ordering taxis or other transportation for intoxicated patrons.
- Stock bar with beer, wine, liquor, and related supplies such as ice, glassware, napkins, or straws.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Customer and Personal Service - Familiar with providing customer and personal services. This includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
- English Language - Knowledge of the structure and content of the English language including the meaning and spelling of words.
- Active Listening - Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
- Service Orientation - Actively looking for ways to help people.
- Social Perceptiveness - Being aware of others' reactions and understanding why they react as they do.
- Oral Expression - The ability to communicate information and ideas in speaking so others will understand.
- Arm-Hand Steadiness - The ability to keep your hand and arm steady while moving your arm or while holding your arm and hand in one position.
- Trunk Strength - The ability to use your abdominal and lower back muscles to support part of the body repeatedly or continuously over time without 'giving out' or fatiguing.
Education and Experience Requirements
Preferred applicants will have a valid and current Bartending License, a high school diploma, and at least one year of experience as a bartender. Applicant must be 18 years or older.
While performing the duties of this job, the bartender is regularly required to sit, stand, walk, speak, and hear. This position requires the use of the employee's hands to perform the necessary tasks. The employee must occasionally lift objects up to 50 pounds. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable otherwise qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Work environment may be indoors or outdoors. Noise levels may be moderate to high.
How to Apply
Applications received by May 1, 2016 will receive top consideration.
Download an application HERE
32525 Ski Hill Road
Bayfield, WI 54814
Comments are closed.